Happy Saturday everyone! I know this comes a day late but I didn’t want to miss another Fandom Friday. Here are my favorite sequels in film:
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back. This is my favorite Star Wars movie. Yoda. Hoth. AT-ATs. The biggest shock of cinematic history (maybe if you didn’t know Dutch). The galaxy far, far away really expands and comes to life in this film: characters grow, relationships develop, themes get more real.
- The Dark Knight. The biggest strength of the movie is Heath Ledger’s Joker. Heath Ledger brings this insane character to life from his quirks of constantly licking his lips to his sinister comical laugh – it’s beautiful.
- Mad Max: Fury Road. So, I might be cheating here a bit because I never seen another Mad Max movie, at least, completely through. But this was probably my favorite film of 2015. Mad Max: Fury Road is amazing and honestly aside from the beautiful cinematography, I wasn’t rushing to see it in theaters. But once I did, what ride! So much more than the typical action film I thought it was going to be. SO. MUCH. MORE.
- Monsters University. So I might be in the vast minority here by saying I enjoyed this film more than Monsters, Inc *dodges pitchforks*. This one just really hit close to home by showing the reality that sometimes it’s not always a happy ending and we can’t always succeed but we can still grow and move forward.
- Jurassic World. Chris Pratt and raptors. Need I say more?
What are some of your favorite sequels in film, books, plays, et cetera?