Star Wars Episode VIII should go without saying so I’m not going to count it in this list (this might be cheating but just a little).
- Beauty and the Beast. I can’t believe this movie is finally coming out! When I went to the D23 Expo in 2015, they announced the cast and I was most excited for Belle and Gaston. I feel like the “Gaston” sequence is going to be one of my favorites. Luke Evans and Josh Gad are going to be savage af.
- Wonder Woman. We’ve waited TOO long for this.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I can’t wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy hype to hit. What with Baby Groot and the new attraction opening at Disneyland during summer. Also who’s excited for that new soundtrack/mixtape?
- Power Rangers. Can’t get over that trailer that premiered yesterday it’s going to be awesome. My inner child can’t contain itself!
- Coco. Although I have some qualms about this film, (the fact that its plot is similar to one of my fave animated movies Book of Life) I’m happy to see Disney/Pixar representing Mexican culture. I only hope the creators put a lot of thoughtfulness and consideration while making this film with regards to Mexican representation.
Thank goodness there are going to be some great escapist films this year. I think we might be needing them now more than ever.